We are always looking for friendly and enthusiastic individuals (aged 16+) to help with a variety of tasks at the market. Volunteer efforts are recognized with fresh produce donations from vendors, collected at the end of each market and shared between volunteers.
1. Market Info Booth Volunteers:
Approximate weekly time commitment:
Saturday Market Volunteers: 4-5 hours, early morning start (at least 1/2 hour before market opens)
Wednesday Market Volunteers: 3-4 hours, optional early morning or late morning start
– Help set up and take down the info booth
– Provide information and hand out brochures on the market and other local attractions
– Sell tote bags and other items
– Promote upcoming special events
– Direct complaints or queries about the market through the appropriate channels
– Learn about the BCAFM Nutrition Coupon program and assist program participants or answer questions about the program
– Help the managers with miscellaneous tasks, including (but not limited to): customer counts, surveys, sign-making, collecting coupons or sales data from vendors
2. Special Events Volunteers
Approximate time commitment:
As needed. Depends on the event timing and location; up to one market per month and up to 8 hours/market.
– Set up and take down events area and tents
– Lift, carry or use the dolly to move tents, tables, chairs and supplies
– Make signage and/or place signage throughout the market
– Provide information on the event to customers; answer questions
– Sell tickets or food
– Wash dishes, wipe down tables; follow health and safety procedures including safe food-handling
– Work with kids to complete hands-on, fun tasks!
– Occasionally approach customers with information to promote the event