The Kamloops Regional Farmers’ Market Society (KRFMS) is accepting applications for the role of Market Manager.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Market Manager is responsible for the coordination and facilitation of the Wednesday and Saturday markets, as well as the smooth operation of the Saturday market. The Market Manager also implements and ensures adherence to all KRFMS policies and procedures and brings issues or matters related to the short and long-term success of the market to the attention of the Board.
As a key part of the operation and success of the Farmers’ Market, the Market Manager consults with the Manager Liaison (designated Board Member) as needed and maintains accurate records including time sheets, financial information, and activity reports, as well as various data collection for reporting purposes.
– ability to communicate clearly and tactfully with vendors, customers, and volunteers
– ability to retain composure in stressful situations
– ability to prioritize workload
– spatial organizational skills
– computer skills (spreadsheet & database management, word processing including form design and mail merges, creation of PDF files, creating maps in Google SketchUp, email)
– basic understanding of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
– Foodsafe or Marketsafe Certificate or willingness to successfully complete one of these courses
Familiarity with Farmers’ Markets and previous experience in a customer service, cash management, and/or event organization role are considered an asset.
This position requires being available at the Saturday Market from mid-April to the end of October (approx. 6:30 am to 2 pm), and occasionally at the Wednesday market for casual coverage.
Applications close on July 31, 2017. Position to start August 2017.
Please submit applications, including a resume and cover letter, by email to: moc.tekramsremrafspoolmaknull@srotcerid. Please include “Market Manager Position” in the subject line.