Are you interested in supporting local agriculture and food sovereignty? Do you have experience managing a budget and planning/promoting special events? Do you have a flexible schedule with availability every Wednesday and the occasional Saturday? Are you highly organized and excellent with time management and working independently? Do you love working with people of all ages, including kids?
Consider applying to be a Part Time Media and Special Projects Coordinator with the Kamloops Regional Farmers’ Market!
Availability: 10-25 hrs/week (~400 hrs total), May-Oct (possibility of extension for indoor winter market)
Special Certifications: FoodSafe or MarketSafe
Deadline for Applications: February 24, 2017
Responsibilities include – but are not limited to – the following:
– Oversee the Wednesday markets – direct setup and takedown, collect vendor fees, etc.
– Plan, coordinate and attend special events at the Saturday and Wednesday markets
– Arrange educational opportunities at the market led by local community groups
– Liaise with the media to promote the market and events
– Assist with social media advertising
– Provide support and coverage for the Market Manager as needed
– Work on special projects as needed, eg. grant writing, winter indoor market
– Work with the Market Manger, Board of Directors, Vendors and Customers to enhance understanding of food sovereignty, and to support increased opportunities for local food production in the Kamloops region.
Please forward applications (including a resume and cover letter) to moc.tekramsremrafspoolmaknull@ofni
*** Please note: Only those selected for an interview will be contacted ***